The rest of our staycation. Tuesday the 14th Jennie
pick up the kiddos and took them to Veyo to play to help out dad who took the
grandkids out to see a movie. Jordan said that it was one that he even liked.
They met me at the hospital and I took them home with me. I was thankful for
the help with them and that they were able to get out and have a good time
while I was working.
On Wednesday, Jennie and Patrick took the kids out to play
at Sand Hollow swimming pool. Jen said that she took them their around one and
they played until 5. Korbin went up to Jennie’s that night for a sleepover with
the cute boys. Jennie sent me this cute picture.
“They made a fort. They boys said Korbin had to sleep in the
middle so they both got to sleep by
him.”
I am thankful that these three little boys have a good
relationship with each other.
Thursday, I worked from home. I had an all-day conference
call. Jordan and Madi didn’t even wake
up until it was noon or later so it worked out well. We didn’t really do much
this day. Jordan and Madi went to hang out with friends and I picked up my
little Monkey from Veyo.
Friday was a lot of fun… We went a place called The Tilted
Kiln. Jennie and I both decided that we would decorate a plate, Jordan painted
a big cereal bowl blue, Madi made a hot coco mug, and the three cute boys did
fun things. Korby painted a monkey, Gab painted a cat and Forster did a bear.
The neat thing is that we could take as much time as we wanted, all the paint
and supplies were included in the price of our pottery that we picked. It’s fun
to be creative.


Later that day I took the boys over to Dixie High School
where they got to watch the BYU football team practice, they got a bunch of
autographs and pictures with their dad. I am so glad that they were able to go
and experience this with him as well.
Saturday we had visited with nana and papa and had an impromptu
BBQ. It was fun to relax and spend time together.
Sunday was a neat day. Jordan went to the Farwell of a young
man named Zack that he played basketball with. Zack and Jordan have some crazy
snap chat streak that they have been keeping up on. I proud of the friends that
Jordan picks. He is a pretty good young man himself even with all of that
fourteen year-old energy pinned up in him.
Later that day we went up to Jennie’s house to meet up with
Jessica, Andrew and Audrina and Axel. I haven’t seen the kids since Jordan was
8 so… six years ago. It was special to be able to spend the little time that we
were able to spend with them. Jennie was able to spend a bit more time with
them but I had to head back to work. There really is nothing like spending time
with the ones you love, good food, laughter and memories.
I tried to make our staycation special for the kids even
with having to throw in some work in the mix.
Sunday’s are hard… It’s hard to send them away for a week… I
love them, more than all the stars and never less than the gains of sand in the
ocean.
No comments:
Post a Comment