Tuesday, April 4, 2017

April 4th, 2017

Korbin started playing baseball. He has shared with me that baseball is one of his most favorite sports. On his first game of the season he hit a fantastic single. The ball went out into the center field. I was so proud of him. He was also the first base man and it was fun watching him so enthralled in the game.  Last night, I went to watch him play. It is Marty’s week with the kids (a hard week for me). Anyway, I didn’t stay very long. I stayed long enough to watch him play on third base and he made it up to first base and was hit into home from other players.  He is so cute. I wish looking back that I had these same sediments with Jordan when he was little. I always thought that he was so big, I expected so much from him and I don’t feel that I do that same thing with Korbin. Maybe, it’s part of the learning process with being a parent.

I have been really sick. I have been really sick a lot within this year and towards the end of last year. I have been keeping track in my paper day planner and I have started taking all of the vitamins and herbs that are to help boost your immune system. So, this is what I have been taking: Acidophilus, Elderberry 3 times a day, vitamin C 1000 MG 3 time a day, Vitamin D-3 three times a day, and two tablespoons of apple cider vinegar with lemon water to help with flora. I have also stared taking glucosamine twice a day to help with the joint pain. I really hope that these thing will help me… I have week one behind me taking these it’s like a little meal all in itself.


With being this sick especially last week it was hard with it being my week with the kids and all of their activities. Where I live it is just barely out of bus boundaries so I have to take the kids to school in the morning. Also, Jordan is now going to Dixie Middle school and it is hard to drop him off and pick him up. I pick up Korbin from Marty’s after work and Madi is usually at my house. Then its activity for the kids   from 430 – 9 things are busy with basketball practice with the boys, Madi’s dance, and Korbin’s baseball. Homework, cooking dinner, it was very hard.

Marty and his soon to be wife Traci helped me more than I would have like to admit that I needed help. This was extremely hard for me. Traci isn’t working and she has spent a lot of time at Marty’s cleaning and helping him pack. Pack things that I wasn’t a loud to take to my house for our kids. It hurt’s, more than I thought it would.  I couldn’t even get out of bed, I relied a lot on Jordan’s help as well with taking care of things at home.

In fourteen day’s I will be heading out to Mexico with my friend Emily. She is going to have gastric bypass surgery. I will be there as her medical companion. I am very excited for the experience and I hope that I will be a support to Emily. It will also do me some good not to be in town while Marty is getting married. He gets married on the 21st and I will not be back until the 23rd. I will be relying on my mom and sisters help from the evening of the 21st until I get back on the 23rd.  

I have also finally paid off Marty’s truck and carpet. This is a great thing for me because it will mean that I will have about $500 a month extra in my paychecks and this is a huge blessing. Things are really very tight for me and that’s not bad but it will be nice to have some wiggle room.
I have read two more books this last week. The first one was “Who Moved My Cheese”, by Dr. Spencer Johnson and the next book was “Forgiven”, by Terri Robert. Forgiven was about the mom of the son who killed Amish girl students. It was a very good book on forgiveness and how it helped all the family’s involved within this tragic event.

Jordan has a basketball tournament in Las Vegas on April 13 – 15th I haven’t decided what to do yet. I know that he needs to go but I am not sure that I can take the extra time off of work to go. I know that Marty has stated that he would take him but then I feel like I am missing out being there for him. I will need to talk with mom and Jennie to see if they would like to come down for at least a day with me. I would ask Ike but I know that he needs to get his house finished before the end of April.    

No comments: