Today was a pretty productive day at work. We have been working on our SMART goals, provider suspension and other awesome duties of working within Health Information Management. I have also started a new book on being a great boss. It makes me chuckle at some of the things that are mentioned because it is like a review of what we have already implemented within Intermountain Healthcare. Nonetheless, it is still a good review and reminder.
Korbin stayed home again today. I had to leave him due to the amount of meetings that I had today but papa came and visited with him. Madi is home from school around 230 as well and she is a good big sister to Korbin and they seem to get a long for the most part.
Today, I did have a meeting with Madi's school for her IEP, It was a very productive meeting she is reaching her goals and she is actually excelling in her math. They did add a part in her IEP to help with her grades. She has really been struggling with her science class so this should help her become successful in this class as well. I am really thankful for the extra help that she is getting. She is such a smart girl but we don't all learn the same. She comes and tells me about all that she is learning but when it come to having to sit down and take a test that is hard for her. She has been doing better at the verbal test that they have been giving her.
Korbin went to his last night of basketball practice tonight, this Saturday is his last game of the season. I am excited to go cheer him on and I hope that he will be feeling stronger.
Jordan has really hurt my feelings tonight. He can be just down right rude. I don't tolerate it very well. I don't care if he is tired, hungry, or being lazy... He can be kind to me. He can treat me with some compassion and respect. I wanted to smack him in the mouth!!! He expressed to before dinner that he needed to work on his math homework but he went up into his room and fell asleep. I asked him if he would come downstairs away from his room to work on his homework and he had a come apart. He was demanding, upset that his room was warm, and just a big grump.
He sent me a text a bit later saying that he was sorry but I am still done with his bad behavior towards me. I feel that he would benefit from seeing a counselor but he is so against it. I know that he has been through a lot with the divorce but he also needs to realize that I am his mom and he can be kind.
I haven't really talked to him too much tonight but I did tell him not to make plans for the weekend, that he will be helping with yard work. Just maybe WIFI might end up dying over the weekend as well...
I am working on making sure that I try hard to be involved within the kids the week I have them. I have been struggling with just simple tasks. I have been writing a list to help me. I know that sounds kind of silly but it is very detailed from getting dressed for work down to going to bed. I know that I need to work on me and I am really hoping that writing will help release the thoughts in my head and help me heal. Jamie
No comments:
Post a Comment