Monday, March 6, 2017

Sunday March 5th

Sunday’s are an extremely hard day for me. First, I am struggling with church. Secondly, I am having to take the kids to their dads for the week. I drop them off at five in the afternoon. Things are usually okay for the first few hours but then the phone calls start to come. Korbin called me last night just because he was missing me.

Madi called me super upset about not how she feels that her dad has to be in control of everything, how he tries to make rules for Madi but not for Jordan. She called me and her dad has to listen to the entire conversation as well. He got her off the phone so he could talk to me and it was all about how I parent at my house.

Well, the crazy thing is two hours after I have the kids they are not calling their dad in tears… Jordan called me way upset and he is usually yelling at his dad to leave him alone.  He is relentlessly on his case about his grades.

See, I use to be the buffer, I am not there anymore and it is extremely hard on me when they call and I have to tell them that it’s their dad’s house therefore his rules. I wish that I could just go and rescue them, bring them home to my house and have them feel loved and appreciated for just being them.


Things will really be changing for them as of April 21 when he get remarried. I hope and pray that his new wife will have the patience, love and understanding that they will need with another big change that will be taking place in their lives.  

No comments: