Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Coupons in the Mathews Home

To be honest I use to think coupons were a waste of time. I would clip just a few and throw the rest in the trash. But my eyes have been opened. Now I look at a coupon as money in my pocket. Yes, it does take a little bit more time to go shopping but I am becoming a saving pro!!!

I have just learned today that the Manufacturing companies like it when you contact them. They are happy to send you coupons or other free products and discounts… So, I know you might think that I spend hours, upon hours, clipping, and sorting… Well, I don’t. I spend about an hour every other week. I am way proud of myself and I am so thankful that this last Friday when I went shopping I saved $80 and stayed within my $200 budget…

I have thought when the economy gets better will I still do this? I would have to say yes, I will and I feel it is a good example to the kids on saving money to help the family household. I even have "What a Great Kid Coupon Book" that I reward them with and it has been a hit!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love it Jamie! I have been trying to get into couponing, but have a hard time finding coupons! lol

Chrystal said...

Nice, I need you to come teach me :)