So let’s back up to April 16 – 23rd. I spent a
week in Mexico with my friend Emily. She went down there to have a gastric
sleeve done due to her struggles with weight loss. It was a very interesting.
She went through a company called, A Lighter Me.
We were picked up at the San
Diego airport we were then taken into Mexico to go to the hospital for Emily to
have her labs and EKG done. When this was finished we were taken to a Grand
Hotel Tijuana. It was a very nice hotel.
The first night we spent at the hotel and then the second
day we were taken with all of our luggage to the hospital for her surgery. She
was having high blood pressure issues and so it delayed her surgery. There were
many things that surprised me by the care at the hospital due to working for
one. Her surgery went very well. I was surprised by the lack of hand-washing, the
use of gloves, how they didn’t have call lights, they didn’t have someone
bothering her to walk, there wasn’t someone making sure that she was sipping
and blowing on her breathing tube. She also had to question them to make sure
that they gave her a second shot to help prevent blood clots.
The second day in the hospital was exhausting. I don’t know
if it was just being there and not really a place to go and being hungry. I
tried to be able to blog while I was there but every time I tried to get that
going the WIFI would come up in Spanish.
The third day they took us back to the hotel, they had
nursing that came in to change her dressing and to make sure that she wasn’t
getting a fever. That day we were just a little lazy. We walked around the outside
of the hotel, took naps, and got a little something to eat. Emily had broth and
I found some guacamole.
Day four we went on a tour, they took about 20 of us to the
pharmacy for the patients to get what they needed and if you wanted any type of
drug they pretty much just offered it to you. I found this very interesting.
The last day it took forever to get out of Mexico even with
a medical pass. I was surprise by how the people were still trying to haggle
with the people in vehicles heading home. The lines were miles long and I
couldn’t believe the inspection of the vehicles. Nonetheless,
it was an experience I will not forget but I was extremely glad to be heading
home to my kiddos. It was hard for me to miss Korbin's baseball games and Madison dance but I was very thankful for mom and papa helping take care of them for me. I love my family so much!!! I was very glad to get home.
No comments:
Post a Comment