Wednesday, December 14, 2011

December 11, 2011

Yes, today was a migraine day and days like today remind me how much is really not in my control. I don’t want pity for my migraines but I do want to share something that Madi did. The boys went to church and I stayed home not really all there, I didn’t realize that Madi was home too until she came to check on me.

When Madi woke me up I asked her to please get me a drink of water. She went into the kitchen and was banging pans and cupboards. I was thinking great, all I need is a drink and she’s getting into everything and I cannot take care of myself let alone her right now.

Well, I was a mom of little faith. Madi brought me a drink with a straw, some carrots, and an apple. She then stoked my hand and said get better mommy, I’m here to help you. I just love these tender moments and I am thankful for my family and all that they do for me. They are true blessings in my life.

1 comment:

Chrystal said...

I get migraines too! It just shows what a wonderful Mother you are; when your daughter looks after you so well.