Sunday, November 25, 2012

The Christmas Tree Hunt


Our 2012 Christmas Tree

Yes, it is that time of year again when we head out to the mountain to find snow and the special Christmas tree for our family. This year we invited Jen, Pat and the boys to come along with us to enjoy the day out.

I would rather do the fake easy tree but this is a Mathews tradition so we (I) compromise. There really is nothing like being in the mountains, the smell, sound and sites are so invigorating. It's great to share what I love so much with the kids.

This year was special because, I got to spend some time with my sister and her family that I love so dang much. Jennie and I stayed behind with the three little boys while the others were on the quest for our special tree.

Jennie and her cute boys!!
On our first location it was deemed that there were better trees up further so we piled in the back of Mart's truck we got to see a half frozen little reservoir I think that it was called Yankees meadow or something close to that anyway was a nice surprise. Then we headed back down to the spot.
Pat helping Madi cut her special tree!!
Our new tradition!!
Pat's tiny foot
Pat cutting our tree down with his mighy chain saw!!
 

Marty, Patrick, Jordan, Preston and Madi took off and Jennie, Gabe, Foster, Korby and I meandered. The boys picked up sticks to use as guns and to crush the little bit of snow that was no the ground.

Jennie found some very cool mushrooms that were hiding under a log and it reminded me of the movie about the nomes. Before we came home we roasted some hot dogs and marshmallow’s and just enjoyed the last of being one with nature.



No comments: