Thursday, July 23, 2009

Why I love my job!!!

“ You are what people see when they arrive here.

Yours are the eyes they look into when they’re frightened and lonely.

Yours are the voices people here when they ride the elevators and when they try to sleep and when they try to forget their problems. You are what they hear on their way to appointments that could affect their destinies and what they hear after they leave those appointments.

Yours are the comments people hear when I think they can’t.

Yours is the intelligence and caring that people hope they’ll find there. If you’re noisy, so is the medical center. If you’re rude, so is the medical center. And if you’re wonderful – so is the medical center.

No visitor, no patients can ever know the real you, the you that you know is there – unless you let them see it. All they can know is what they see and hear and experience.

And so I have a stake in your attitude and in the collective attitudes of everyone who works here. We are judged by your performance. Your performance is judged by the care
You give, the attention you pay and the courtesies you extend.”

2 comments:

Relief Society Presidency said...

What a cute blog! Love all the pictures of your cute kids!
I am also responding to your comment from the Relief Society's blog. We would love to add anyone to the blog list of "Sisters & Friends." As of right now, I'm the only one on the list. I guess not that many people have blogs in our ward. We are having a blog party at my house, Wed Aug 5. If you would like to come we need teachers as well as students. More info is on the blog.
-Sis. Richards

Christina P. said...

Hey Jaime! I didn't even know you had a blog until Kelly showed me at the blog party. You missed out! Lots of fun. My blog is private, but if you want an invite, send me your email address. My email is christina_palmer15@hotmail.com
Thanks!